Skip to main content

Updates on researches.

Just going to post some of my researches and result on The Bouncing Ball project.
1st
2nd
3rd


These are the result of my first project.

 For my 1st animation, I looked at The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams. I actually bought the book off Amazon, so I can look at it when ever I want to. It included the fundamental of animation, such as creating speed through using the space between the movement on each frame.

 For my 2nd animation, even though I would love to get my hand on some grenades and throw them around, but that's not really realistic. I will probably be considered a Chinese terrorist attacking Scotland, which wouldn't be very nice.
 So I went on Call of Duty to do some researches! After doing some researches on CoD for a few hours, I still feel that I am not able to capture the jizz of the moment and scenario. As a result I decided to to some more researches, I sat down and did 2 hours straight of researches on watching Batman: The Dark Knight. I still can't believe it actually came out at 2008, whole 5 years ago!


 After a lot of hard work on researching, I believe I have enough knowledge to draw a animation explosion that makes sense. But I still feel the scenario still need some work, I came across this video on youtube which gave me an inspiration.

 After watching this I decided to create a different character compare to those cool guys in movies. I will make a not so cool guy and have him look at the explosion.

 For my 3rd, most of my researches are based on my 7 years of experiences of playing rugby and American football. I have noticed that usally after a kick when the ball lands. It is most likely to re bounce higher on the 3rd bounce, due to some science of the ball's shape that I don't really remember, I know but I just can't remember. However because I was thinking way too 2D when I am drawing this animation. It just looked like the ball came to life on the 3rd bounce, fail.
 I will look into this animation again and try to make it better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

External Project - Dehumaniser : Complete Part 2

In this post we will be covering texturing, adjustments, animating and dynamics.  Texturing  I started off with the armor first. Exported as OBJ from Maya, put into Photoshop to add details. These were very near completion, however I wanted to add more details to the armor. But for now we can move on to the body. Before starting on the body we have to go through another phase first.  Adjustments Before proceeding further I had to make sure my employer are happy with how the Orc turned out. We decided this head was too slim and needed to be rounder and fatter. First edition:  The head is way too slim. Second edition:  Larger but needs to be fatter and shorter. Third/ Final edition: This is the final version that both parties were happy with. I continued to work on the bump map of the model.  Here is the final model.   Animating  Now that the model and rig is ready we...

Formative Hand In

4th Year Final Animation Characters After discussing with my tutors, I have decided to go with an overall limited colour palette of old paper unless the characters are under certain lighting. This is achieved by having a base layer, then a layer of 3 colour range is added. Which is then set as overlay in post production. Production After the rigging of the characters I am ready to being production. I ahve already prepared most of the parts needed. The boat and paddle When setting up a scene, I extract the different components of my drawing and add depth to it in Maya Once of the main concern was the water aspect of the film. This is solved by applying a ramp shader with 2 colour on a ocean layer after converting it into polygons.  As you can soo the ocean are too off with the style I am looking for. After applying the ramp shader it fits much better. Music I have been working with Ollie Yang on the soundtrack of my film. Password: rootandcur...

Memory Project

Project about my childhood memory This is a project that is still on going, it will be done by drawing the moving body parts on Photoshop and animated on Aftereffect. The out line of the story is... When I was a kid, I used to be obsessed with a TV show call Ultraman. It is about a giant superhero who fight monsters to project the earth. One day my mom came home with a present, it was Ultraman's transform device. (that is frames of the curtains moving) However I weren't happy at all, this was because I truly believed I could transform into Ultraman with the device. And as a 10 years old I did not know what to do with such power. So I annoyed my brother and asked him about it nonstop. I said. I could be a the most powerful person on earth, I can go rob all the ice cream factories and have all the ice creams to myself and no one can stop me. Why do I need to fight monsters when I can rule the planet myself? My brother saw the chance and d...